Be aware of how these events can affect you personally.
SIGNS OF STRESS
• Increase or decrease in activity level.
• Increased alcohol or tobacco use.
• Difficulty expressing themselves or understanding others.
• Irritability, outbursts of anger, frequent arguments.
• Inability to rest or relax.
• Decline in job performance.
• Frequent crying.
• Excessive worry.
• Becoming accident-prone.
• Nausea or diarrhea.
• Headaches and other pains.
• Visual disturbances.
• Weight gain or loss.
• Sweating or chills.
• Tremors or muscle twitching.
• Being easily startled.
• Feeling heroic, euphoric, or invulnerable.
• Anxiety or fear.
• Memory problems.
• Disorientation and confusion.
• Slow thought processes; lack of concentration.
• Difficulty setting priorities or making decisions.
• Difficulty in giving or accepting support or help.
• Inability to experience pleasure or have fun.